Thursday, March 5, 2009

Salmon cakes...

My daughter just turned a year old and has been eating just about everything we eat, but we have yet to try her on fish. I think that I will be making my salmon cakes for lunch today so that she can finally try some. Hopefully she will enjoy them as much as we do!
Do any of you have a favorite child friendly fish recipe?


Salmon Cakes
Makes about 6 cakes
Serve them on buns or as is with a side of rice and veggies.

2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
1/2 small onion, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 14 oz can salmon, skin and bones removed ( I buy wild Alaskan at Aldi for about 2$ a can)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard
1 cup soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices white bread)


Combine all ingredients thoroughly and form into patties. Broil on
an oiled baking sheet about 5 minutes each side or until golden
brown.

These can be served with mayo or tarter sauce, but for a grown-up taste, my husband and I eat them with Chipotle Cream dipping sauce. We make the Chipotle Cream by combining equal parts mayo and sour cream and seasoning to taste with bottled chipotle hot sauce and salt. This sauce is also excellent with sweet potato fries.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment