Thursday, February 12, 2009

Seriously yummy Greek dressing...

There are some very, very big fans of a good Greek salad in my family (especially my sweet little 16 year old niece), so when I was planning the menu for my daughter's 1st birthday, I knew I wanted to include Greek salad. But I wanted to make it better, and better to me means homemade. So homemade dressing it was! I got out a few recipes, played around in the kitchen for a bit, and came up with this version. Enjoy!



Greek Dressing

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
a few grinds of fresh cracked pepper

I combined everything in a jar, gave it a good shake and stowed it in the fridge until the party. Right before the party I made a tossed Greek salad by combining romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber and crumbled feta in my giant wooden salad bowl along with the contents of my jar. I forgot about the olives. Next time I'll add some.

No comments:

Post a Comment