Thursday, February 12, 2009

Memory game...

I originally posted this last week on my photo blog, but really thought that it was very appropriate for this blog as well, considering that it is handmade, and frugal and mostly recyced, and all that jazz...
I'm a bit of a blog junky and right before the holidays I came across this awesome memory game idea on the Mom Advice blog. Each Thursday, Amy over at Mom Advice, posts a list of links that go to really cool craft projects, recipes, money saving ideas and so much more in her notebook entries. And each Thursday I find myself wanting to do everything on the list. But this one I just had to do! And for once I had everything I needed to make this project already in the house. Now how often does that happen? A lot of what I used was leftovers from other craft projects with a few recycled materials added in. The cat fabric for the backing was actually my favorite pair of pyjama pants, that is, until I ripped them last week, and instead of making the drawstring bag to store the pieces in, we saved ourselves some time and stored them in the sweet little burlap sack that our basmati rice came in. The project was a little time consuming, but the hardest part for me was choosing photos that a) meant something to us, and b) I knew my children would be able to recognize. It was completely worth the time and effort, and now we have a game that will make every one of us smile every time we pull it out.

So seriously cute...

Milo is still a little young to play Memory, but he had so much fun looking at the tiny photos and saying the name of each item...




Who wouldn't have fun playing with a game that has them in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment