Thursday, February 19, 2009

Homamade onion soup mix...

I stumbled across the Hillbilly Housewife's site not long ago, and I must say that Susanne has one of the best collections of frugal and homemade food items out of anywhere that I've ever been on the web. She has everything from beverage mixes to ideas on saving money in the kitchen to this easy and thrifty onion soup mix. I am officially addicted to this site and I can honestly say that it was love at first browse! You should check it out!

Homemade Onion Soup Mix
  • 3/4 cup dried minced onion
  • 1/3 cup beef bouillon powder
  • 4 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed celery seed (I didn't have any so I left this out)
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar

I just combined the ingredients right in a jar to cut down on the dishes. You know the deal; add, seal, shake and store. Easy peasy! 5 tablespoons of the mix equal one package of onion soup mix.


I can't wait to use this in my Cranberry Meatballs!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe for onion mix. I use it a lot and I'm usually out of it when I need it, now I can just make my own. Love Mom xoxox

    ReplyDelete